Sunday, June 3, 2012

The best time to write


The best time to write is when you have something to say.  Many years ago, when I was starting my academic career, I knew that to earn tenure I was expected to write and publish.  My biggest worry back then was that I might not have anything important to say.

It’s not a problem now.  My thirty-five years as a college professor have given me a wealth of experiences (mostly good) and a unique perspective on issues in higher education and college sports.  In addition to performing the normal faculty duties of teaching and research, I gained important perspectives on higher education through leadership roles on high-level institutional committees and service as a faculty representative to the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).  As a retired professor and independent writer, my stories focus on interesting issues and dilemmas faced by higher education in America.

In my next post, I’ll explain how.

No comments:

Post a Comment